Saturday, December 14, 2013

On the 12th day of Christmas...

The countdown is on!  Only 12 days left until Christmas.  This year, I decided to hand make as many gifts as possible.  I was surprised at how many I could make with just the inventory I have laying around my workshop.  Starting today, I will feature 12 handmade gifts that will perhaps inspire you to get creative and give special one-of-a-kind gifts this year.  So, here we go!

A quilted color block book with ages 0 - 2 years in mind.  Made from all scrap fabric and a muslin jacket cover.
  Finally, the perfect reason to keep those colorful scraps around!




Cut out 16,  3"x3" pieces of scrap fabric and sew together with a 1/2" seam allowance.  Sew pages wrong sides together leaving a 2" opening to turn right-side out.  Stitch opening closed with a blind stitch ( I personally don't like seams showing, but you could easily just stitch it shut on one edge).
Optional - sew two button holes on edge if you want removable pages. 

I sewed buttons on the jacket so that the pages could be removable for more creative play.
Add different textured fabrics to add another dimension of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment