Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Bean Bag Critters


These bean bag fellas are so much fun!  
They love to play and be tossed around.  Their favorite game is hide and seek.  
Made from 100% wool and lightly stuffed with lambswool and lentils.  Another great project using wool scraps left over from my scarves.  These are a favorite of my four-year old and I know big kids enjoy them just as much!

I don't use a pattern, but rather wing it depending on what animal I'm making.  Generally, the head is a 3"x3" square and the body 3"x 5".  Add legs and ears to your specifications.

The heads are stuffed lightly with lambswool and the body is filled with lentils.  Place a small scoop of lentils in the legs before adding lambswool for a floppy feel.  Add button eyes, embroider little noses and whatever shaped ears you like.  You can't go wrong, really.  No matter what, you'll have a fun new bean bag critter to toss around or just cuddle with!  

No comments:

Post a Comment